Sunday, March 29, 2009

ROBERT KIYOSAKI LIVE IN KL 2009

Dear readers,

Here is an opportunity to go and listen to one of the most famous speakers in the world. I personally feel that this man needs no extra introduction. If you don't know who Robert Kiyosaki is, there is also no point for me to elaborate further.

The Author of Rich Dad Poor Dad will be in KL to give a seminar from 22nd to 24th May 2009 at The Mine. The title of the seminar is "Why The Rich Gets Richer and How You Can Be Rich Too"

Personally during my younger days, around 7 years ago, there was Two books that hit the market. The two books were "Who Moved My Cheese" and "Rich Dad Poor Dad".

During that time, I was working as an Accountant in a Multi-National Corporation known as Sanmina-SCI. The company I worked with experienced huge growth and profitability until the dot-com bubble bust where all the technology stocks in Nasdaq crashed like nobody's business!!

Suddenly, what was once a vibrant and profitable manufacturing plant became sluggish.
There was hardly any activity on the production floor and before you know it, the management has started announcing pay cuts for all the employees.

During those few months, the factory which used to have 1000 employees now feels like a ghost town. The once noisy cafeteria was now very quiet and I remember the air was so stale and smell of mold. (The air was stale because management has to switch of the aircon to save electricity cost.)

I can still remember sitting alone in that cafeteria 8 years ago, eating a packet of instant noodles that I cooked at home and brought to office. It was quite dark as the lighting has also been switched off to save cost.

Sitting there alone, eating some tasteless noodles in the dark, I started to think. Is this what I called a dream job?? Few years ago, life as an employee was wonderful. You have colleagues and everyday you wear your tie and go to work. Then suddenly, it all came crushing down.

I spent 3 years in college and finally passed my Chartered Institute Of Management Accountants (CIMA) exams. I thought after I passed my exam and gotten this wonderful job in this huge multi-national corporation, my life will be wonderful.

Boy was I wrong!!! Sitting there alone in the dark, I couldn’t even finish that small packet of noodles. I felt despair and I felt desperate. There is nothing I could do and it wasn’t my fault. I am one of the best employee in my department. I got promoted every year!!! But now, everything is hopeless….

It was then that I realize what Robert Kiyosaki said about having your income coming from the Business quadrant and try not to depend on the Employment quadrant.

This is because the sense of security that a job offers are no longer valid the the 21st century. Last time, people work for the same company all their life and at the end of their career, the company they worked for even gave them a retirement benefit or pension. However, there is no such company nowadays.

The words of Robert Kiyosaki burn in my heart. I was desperate. I am not the kind of person that sits around and wait for the management to do something to revive the company. I know that I need to get out!!!

My opportunity came when the management offers a Voluntarily Separation Scheme (VSS). The company is prepared to pay any employee that offers to resign voluntarily a certain amount of money based on the numbers of years they worked.

Without a doubt, I took the offer. Colleagues in my department was shocked when they finally realized that I took the VSS. Even my boss was surprised at first but deep inside his heart, he understood why I did it.

And the rest as they say is history….

But what I want to say is this…..

I wouldn’t have made that decision nor would I have the courage have I not read the book by Robert Kiyosaki and the book Who Moved My Cheese…

Robert’s book gave me a WAKE UP call…..

Robert’s book also gave me the knowledge of financial independence….

And as they say, Knowledge is Power….and that power gave me strength and courage to leave the “secured” job market to make my own wealth in the business world….

Therefore readers of mine, take this opportunity. Robert will be here during May 09. With the economy facing its worst downturn, please equipped yourselves with all the knowledge that you can find so that you will be able to not only survive this current situation but to actually thrive in it!!!

Best Regards,

Mr. Ciaklat

(For those of you who want to attend this seminar by Robert Kiyosaki, please send your email to me at gp.sarawak@gmail.com and I will send you the details. See You There!!!)

1 comment:

Ciaklat !!! said...

Hi,

My name is Mr. Ciaklat,

I was recently informed by my reader that your blog has a posting (under the title Robert Kiyosaki Live in Kl 2009).

I noticed that the content of that posting is copied without my permission.

You are hereby requested to remove that posting failing which I will take the appropriate actions to report this incident to Blogger.