Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Zero Return Investment Scheme

There must be hundreds out there like me who invested in a certain local bank's "dynamic income + growth" plan in August last year.

To lure customers to invest in the plan, the bank had boasted a range of convincing support facts, such as their own back-testing on the plan.

Sadly, a year on, I have received a letter from the bank stating that I will be getting zero per cent annual variable payment for the period because of economic developments over the year.

I invested my entire Employees Provident Fund savings in this scheme based on the probable returns forecast in the brochures. I figured that the returns would sustain me as a retiree.

Now, I have got nothing for the first year. I can't discontinue the investment and withdraw my capital, either, without losing a portion of the capital since it is a three-year plan.

What if for the next two years the bank states the same and gives me zero per cent variable payment for their so-called dynamic growth plan?

What puzzles me even more is that had I just deposited my money in a savings account, I would have got one per cent returns.

Can someone tell me if ever there is such an investment plan that gives zero per cent returns?

And if that's not painful enough, the bank enclosed a detailed calculation sheet for zero per cent returns.
By : F.C.A., Ipoh (Nst)

No comments: